Salesforce Branding is a feature that will help you customize your Salesforce app’s appearance, including the loading page background color, loading page logo, and header background color. In other words, your Salesforce app matches your company’s branding.
Step 1: Check your Salesforce edition
Before you start with the domain change, make sure that you have the required editions so that you will be able to change the domain.
|Salesforce mobile app setup available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Salesforce Classic setup available in all editions except Essentials and Database.com|
|Lightning Experience setup available in Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
Step 2: Check your user permissions
|USER PERMISSIONS NEEDED|
|View Salesforce app branding settings:||View Setup and Configuration|
|Modify Salesforce app branding settings:||Customize Application
Modify All Data
Step 3: Enable Documents object
In Salesforce Classic, images stored for branding needs to be placed in the folder Salesforce Branding Resources in the Documents object. Therefore, the Documents object must be enabled for your organization.
Images stored for branding needs to be placed in the Files object. Also, no other permissions need to be set up.
If users of the Salesforce mobile web want to see the custom branding, Documents must be enabled for your organization. Also, for Salesforce for Android and Salesforce for iOS, users must have “Read” user permissions on Documents.
Step 4: My Domain enablement
My Domain needs to be enabled before you start the Salesforce Branding. This means that you need to have a subdomain activated for your Salesforce org. Therefore, we suggest that you read this article How to: My Domain set up in Salesforce before you start with the Salesforce Branding.
Step 5: Salesforce Branding
- From Setup, enter Salesforce Branding in the Quick Find box, then select Edit.
- Customize the brand color for key user interface elements, including the header, click or enter a valid hexadecimal color code.
- To customize the background color of the loading page, click or enter a valid hexadecimal color code.
- To customize the loading page logo, click Choose File to upload an image.
- Click Save.
In conclusion, it’s highly advisable to consider the following tips when customizing the branding of the Salesforce App:
- Be sure to compress your logo image before you upload it to your app.
- Verify that your logo appears correctly on all devices.
- Salesforce supports .png, .gif and .jpg formats but it is recommended that you always upload a .png version because it provides the best results.
- UI elements that cannot be customized:
- Salesforce app icon that appears on the mobile device’s home screen.
- The initial loading screen when launching Salesforce for iOS.
- Mobile users must close the app and then login again to see the custom branding changes.
- When a user switches between two orgs that have custom branding loading pages, they see the loading page for the previous org until the branding for the new org is available.
Educate yourself further
We encourage new Salesforce enthusiasts to keep on learning.